[tex-live] Makeindex, version 2.15 [TeX Live 2010] (kpathsea + Thai support)

Lars Madsen daleif at math.au.dk
Fri Oct 3 13:37:30 CEST 2014

I agree that would be a lot more reliable.

In this case, isn't it just some limit in makeindex as to how long the lines can be? If one shortens the text, it fits nicely on a single line.

Assuming index entries would always be on a single line would never word in general

BTW: what are you using the grapping feature (that I'm assuming you've implemented) for?

In one project I've masked the index programme (xindy) to enclose the entire word part of the index in a special purpose macro. That works rather nicely.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University