[tex-live] latexindent can't find perl modules

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Nov 28 12:58:16 CET 2014

When I run latexindent it fails because it can't find some perl
modules:

G:\Z-Test\test3>latexindent test3.tex
Can't locate YAML/Tiny.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
YAML::Tiny module
) (@INC contains: D:/texlive/2014/tlpkg/tlperl/lib
d:/texlive/2014/tlpkg/tlperl/lib .) at
d:/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/scripts/latexindent/latexindent.pl line
20.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
d:/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/scripts/latexind
ent/latexindent.pl line 20.
D:\texlive\2014\bin\win32\runscript.tlu:652: command failed with
exit code 2:
perl.exe
d:/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/scripts/latexindent/latexindent.pl
test3.tex

The modules are there (I have active perl installed) and in miktex
latexindent can find them. How can I tell texlive to use them? Or
alternativly could texlive use the package executable provided by
latexindent instead of the perl script
(http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/latexindent).

(The second would be actually the better solution as the perl script
fails anyway currently due to some incompatibility with the newest
YAML-Tiny).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/