[tex-live] Bug report on duplicate fonts TTF vs. OTF

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 15:38:10 CET 2014

It is not clever to remove them. For instance, if you wish to use the
fonts in other applications, you need TTF because OTF are not
recognized. For instance XML editors written in Java require TTF, they
do not work with OTF. It is really unfortunate that fontconfig does
not honour preferences set in the config files but this is a bug in
fontconfig, not in TeX.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/