[tex-live] conflicting filenames in merriweather

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Fri May 30 14:45:29 CEST 2014

On 5/29/2014 11:00 AM, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> Dan Ports <drkp at cs.washington.edu> wrote:
>
>> The merriweather package contains two files with the same path but
>> different cases:
>>    texmf-dist/tex/latex/merriweather/Merriweather.sty
>>    texmf-dist/tex/latex/merriweather/merriweather.sty
>> which is a problem for case-insensitive filesystems (e.g. Mac OS).
>>
>> The two files also appear to be different, although I haven't looked
>> closely enough to see what the differences are...
>
> however, there's only one [Mm]erriweather.sty on ctan just now (the
> lowercase one).  it would be good to know if either of the two you have
> matches the ctan copy:
>
>    http://mirror.ctan.org:/fonts/merriweather/tex/merriweather.sty

The CTAN copy appears to be a newer version of the (lowercase)
merriweather.sty that's in the TL repository.  The CTAN version says
"2014/01/22 (Bob Tennent)", and the TL version says "2013/11/10 (Bob
Tennent)".  The (uppercase) Merriweather.sty is much smaller and has the
following first few lines:

%% Generated by autoinst on 2013/11/10
%%
\NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e}
\ProvidesPackage{Merriweather}
     [2013/11/10 (autoinst)  Style file for Merriweather.]

Ken