[tex-live] Location of {TeX,*}.web in TeX Live 2013 ?

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Thu May 15 13:14:10 CEST 2014

Hello Phil,

On 15.05.2014 10:35, Philip Taylor wrote:
> Seeking to offer a rebuttal to an argument adduced today that stated
> "It is somewhat close to impossible to have truly bug free code in any
> project over a few thousand lines.", I tried "Tangle TeX.web" from the
> TeX Live 2013 command prompt.  Tangle reported :
>
>> tangle.exe: fatal: web file `tex.web' not found.

Project `latex-tds' also provides a module `knuth' with
PDF documentation files including bookmarks and links:

    CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/latex-tds/knuth.tds.zip

Perhaps Karl has forgotten to install it?

> I then tried a search for "filename:tex.web" on the whole of my
> TeX Live 2013 installation, and was told "file not found".

Currently the `.web' files are sorted into TDS:source/knuth//
However, there they cannot be found, because the search path
in texmf.cnf is;

WEBINPUTS = .;$TEXMF/web//

I have now changed the installation directories in module `knuth'
and put the `.web' files below TDS:web/knuth//. Now
tangle should find `tex.web' and the other `.web' files.

A new release of `latex-tds' is anyway scheduled for this afternoon
(some minor changes in LaTeX2e/base and tools).

Can you check the module `knuth', please?

 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71873949/tmp/latex-tds/knuth.tds.zip

The paths are now correct? Nothing missing?

Best regards
  Heiko Oberdiek