[tex-live] [pretest] pdfcsplain is bad linked in x86_64-linux

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed May 7 22:22:11 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-07 at 20:34:04 +0200, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

 > > [...]
 > > This is probably not true. The tl2013 includes the same text as
 > > tl2014 in fmtutil.cnf, i.e.:
 >
 > No, as I showed, these symlink exist in the svn repository but fmtutil
 > is executed after installation. If you look at the log, you will see
 > that they are added together with all binaries. Since all
 > architectures are affected (I am not able to check win32), there must
 > be something wrong in the build procedure.

You are right, the symlinks are already in the .tar.xz packages.  It
seems that we already lost some functionality from teTeX.  It would be
nicer to create symlinks when format files are created.  This sounds
more intuitive to me and is very helpful if you create your own format
files.  Please note that "texconfig init" creates symlinks for all
platforms.  Maybe Norbert could add this functionality to tlmgr as a
higher level interface to fmtutil.  Of course, it's too late for
TL-2014 but maybe worth to be considered for the future.

 > I am not able to check win32

Really?  I can, even without Windows.  Nobody needs Windows.

  $ wine /usr/local/texlive/2014/bin/win32/pdfcsplain.exe --version
  pdfTeX 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.15 (TeX Live 2014/W32TeX)

Petr, I suppose that it's what you expect.  Right?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25