[tex-live] [pretest] pdfcsplain is bad linked in x86_64-linux

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed May 7 19:08:33 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-07 at 17:23:27 +0200, Petr Olsak wrote:

 > I have tried the TeXlive 2014, rsync + install today.
 > The problem is here:
 >
 >     cd tl2014/bin/x86_64-linux/
 >     ls -l pdfcsplain
 >     lrwxrwxrwx 1 olsak math1 6 May  7 15:47 pdfcsplain -> luatex
 >
 > but pdfcsplain must be a link to pdftex, no to luatex.
 >
 > The pdfcsplain format is well generated for three engines: pdftex,
 > xetex, luatex, but the default engine, when user type pdfcsplain on
 > command line, must be pdftex.

I vaguely remember that the symlinks are created by fmtutil.  If true,
probably the order has to be changed in fmtutil.cnf:

It currently is:

  csplain pdftex - -etex -enc csplain-utf8.ini
  pdfcsplain pdftex - -etex -enc csplain-utf8.ini
  pdfcsplain xetex - -etex csplain.ini
  pdfcsplain luatex - -etex csplain.ini

Could you try

  csplain pdftex - -etex -enc csplain-utf8.ini
  pdfcsplain xetex - -etex csplain.ini
  pdfcsplain luatex - -etex csplain.ini
  pdfcsplain pdftex - -etex -enc csplain-utf8.ini

instead?

There can only be one symlink at the end and I would expect that last
one replaces the previous one.

Zdeněk, symlinks are generated automatically.  Thus the behavior should
be the same on all platforms.  It would be painful to maintain otherwise.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25