[tex-live] Problem with pax.win32

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 15:03:32 CEST 2014

> I have just installed Diogenes [1] for Windows from Sourceforge [2],
> and noticed that as a part of the installation it also installed
> Active Perl.

The license of Active Perl does not allow merging with other products
and does not allow redistribution. The only possibility is to include
a link so that a user can install it from the original web source. If
someone installs TeX Live from a DVD without a network connection,
installation will not work. The license is here:

http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/license-agreement

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/