[tex-live] XeLaTeX, Greek, lmodern and emdash

Johann Spies johann.spies at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 14:47:00 CET 2014

I use babel and xelatex to typeset a document with several languages in it.

If I use the lmodern package, I can use --- for \textemdash{} but then the
Greek does not show in my document.

If I disable lmodern I just get '---' but the Greek works OK.

This happens with both Linux Libertine O and Times New Roman.

I use this:

\usepackage{fontspec} % Gebruik met xelatex
\usepackage{xltxtra,graphicx} % Gebruik met xelatex
\usepackage[hyperindex=true,colorlinks=true,bookmarks]{hyperref}
\usepackage{version}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{paralist}
\setromanfont{TeX Gyre Pagella}
\setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}
 usepackage{lmodern}

\usepackage[afrikaans,polutonikogreek,german,dutch,english]{babel}

So how do I get both emdash/endash to work with other languages like Greek
and Hebrew?

Regards
Johann
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)