[tex-live] TexLive portable

benny benny at debenny.de
Wed Mar 12 00:18:51 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I have one short (and maybe stupid) question:

When I install the portable version of TeXLive to a USB Stick, will it
only contain the executables for the OS I use installing?

I thought this portable version would be a great way to wander between
my Linux Laptop and my wife's Windows machine...

To me it looks like there are only the Win binaries installed (yes, I
used my wife's pc to install the portable version to the USB)... but I
am not sure anyway where exactly I would look for the Linux
applications, so maybe I'm just blind.

Thank you
Benjamin