[tex-live] How to packages installed?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 09:23:22 CEST 2014

If I want in the current TeX list all the packages (and collections)
installed I just run

% tlmgr list |grep ^i

However it does not work if there is no repository available (either
because my installation is old, older than the current, or if there is no

* Also it does not work for packages installed in texmf-local or ~/texmf
and, probably for packages which were removed from the repository but not

Keeping in mind restriction * is there a way to list packages installed in
TL2013 f.e. just to compare with TL2014? Should not we expect from tlmgr to
know "everything" about packages installed by it or originally?

Victor Ivrii