[tex-live] Bug in xdvipdfmx (was (x)dvipdfmx and fully embeded fonts in pdftex.map (was: (x)dvipdfmx and fully embeded fonts in pdftex.map))

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Jun 5 13:28:12 CEST 2014

Am Thu, 5 Jun 2014 10:43:21 +0200 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

> Am Wed, 4 Jun 2014 11:15:06 +0200 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
> Addition:
> Even if I correct the map-file xelatex can't use the fonts. It
> always start mktexpk:
> fontmap: mdwgdr8t -> AGaramondPro-Regular.otf(a_csqf63.enc)
> (Encoding:a_csqf63.enc[AutoEnc_csqf633h5kovjwhnfrdbqmo3bg])
> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi
> 600 AGaramon
> dPro-Regular.otf
> The command name is D:\texlive\2014\bin\win32\mktexpk
> kpathsea: Running mktexmf AGaramondPro-Regular.mf
> But latex + dvipdfmx works find and embeds the fonts. What's wrong
> with xdvipdfmx?

I build a test example to analyse the problem:

1. in pdftex.map I changed  the Skaknew-Figure entry to:

SkakNew-Figurine SkakNew-Figurine " TeXnANSIEncoding ReEncodeFont "
<texnansi.enc  <SkakNew-Figurine.otf

2. Then I compiled this example 

\test K Q

xetex + xdvipdfmx fails.
latex + dvipdfmx works fine.

When I set --kpathsea-debug -1 in dvipdfmx and xdvipdfmx one can see
the reason:

kdebug:kpse_find_file: searching for SkakNew-Figurine.otf of type
opentype fonts (from texmf.cnf)

kdebug:kpse_find_file: searching for SkakNew-Figurine.otf of type
tfm (from texmf.cnf)

So in xdvipdfmx otf has the wrong type. And bingo: If I move the otf
to fonts/tfm it is found.

So who can correct the type for otf (and ttf probably too) in

Ulrike Fischer 

More information about the tex-live mailing list