[tex-live] Serious (?) problem with Babel and language attributes

Manfred Lotz manfred at dante.de
Sun Jun 1 13:31:58 CEST 2014

On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 19:41:27 +0900
Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> > I get iюня. The я at the end of the word is strange. The good news
> > is
> Indeed ... indeed ... I copied from the original report and
> didn't chekc in detail my own created file.
> This is double wrong.
> So I see *two* bugs:
> * inversion of ancient switch code

Yep and error not specific to texlive 2014.

> * naming of month

It should be июня and iюня (which I got in texlive 2013 and 2014) as
Zdeněk explained. Naming of month is wrong for your system if you got
июнь and iюнь.

Some 40 years ago I learned some Russian in order to be able to
read Russian chess magazines. After Zdeněk's explanation something came
up from the depths of my memory. From this I think in this context the
genitive has to be used.

Most important is that (at least IMHO) no new texlive 2014 image must be
built because of this. A correction of the babel-russian package which
later could creep in thru a package in texlive 2014 update should


More information about the tex-live mailing list