[tex-live] Minitoc documentation size

Nils Ole Tippenhauer nils_tippenhauer at sutd.edu.sg
Tue Jul 15 06:23:16 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am writing to suggest some changes to the minitoc package. CTAN lists
Jean-Pierre Drucbert as maintainer, bu he passed away in 2009. Minitoc
contains documentation that takes a lot of space, see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/texlive-extra/+bug/822828

For example, there is a minitoc-fr.pdf file (~27Mb size) as part of the
package, that is bloated with maps of countries and flags.

Unfortunately, the package is automatically recommended (i.e.
practically installed) for all Debian/Ubuntu users.

Is it possible to remove some of the content from the minitoc
documentation in tex-live, or should I try talking to CTAN directly?

Thanks,
Nils
This email may contain confidential and/or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended for receipt and use solely by the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited. Please delete the email immediately and inform the sender. Thank You