[tex-live] Install file of the TL should have unique name

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 22 14:11:56 CET 2014

Le mardi 21/01/14 à 22h04,
karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) a écrit :

> .mkisofsrc -- yes, good catch.  But if you're making your own .iso
> image instead of using ours,

AFAIK, the only .iso image you provide is the one here:

  http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/Images/

frozen with the TL 2013 release.

Hence, yes, I would like to make my own .iso image in order to provide
during my LaTeX courses an up to date version of the TL, and hence
avoid that ``a user runs "tlmgr update" [and] he downloads zillions of
packages again'' :)

> somehow it seems like it would be desirable to change one of those
> parameters (like PUBL) to refer to you instead of upstream TL.

Okay, thanks for the advice.

Best regards.
--
Denis