[tex-live] Install file of the TL should have unique name

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 19 11:18:21 CET 2014

Le dimanche 19/01/14 à 06h35,
Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> a écrit :

> Sorry Denis, but "install-tl" ***is*** the generic Linux, Mac and
> Windows installer.

OK, nice.

> The batch files are only stupid wrapper scripts for Windows.

OK.

> On any reasonable operating systems you can invoke install-tl
> directly.

I guess that's because not every operating system is reasonable that
install-tl.bat is provided in addition to install-tl. Hence the possible
confusion. Hence my request to reduce possible confusions as much as
possible.

>  >> I strongly recommend to evaluate Lars' approach.
>  >
>  > Even with this clarification?
>
> No, sorry for the noise.

Well, sorry to insist: do you mean that providing an ***up to date***
tlnet/ directory as an ordinary directory (with zillions files and
subdirectories) is definitively better than a single ISO image (along
with WinCDEmu)? If so, could you explain why?

Best regards.
--
Denis