[tex-live] Fundamental package texlive.infra not present, uh oh, goodbye

doed linguafalsa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 00:04:10 CET 2014

In 2013 Karl Berry posted that "If the disk is out of space, writes will fail at
random times" . I recently had to restore
texlive.infra in order to have tlmgr work as expected.

In my case the only issue I am aware of, is that the disk assessment is
imminent failure.

Could it also be an issue?

After running tlmgr update --all  a "Serious error, texlive.infra not found in
line 5852"  was returned.

Also a tlmgr update --self returned a "Fundamental package texlive.infra not
present, uh oh, goodbye"  in the same line of the tlpk/tlmgr file

The issue was resolved by restoring texlive.infra which surprisingly
returned a "texlive.infra: package not present, cannot remove"

User privileges with the installation was not the case.

Finally, tlmgr update returned "Updates for tlmgr itself are present"
which took care of the problem.

Could the disk assessment which is imminent failure, be an issue here?