[tex-live] Adding installer support for x86_64-cygwin

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 04:01:36 CET 2014

On 2/21/2014 6:35 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
Hi Karl,

> Do you get x86_64-cygwin as the platform identifier in the installer now

Yes.

> Ultimately we will want the xz and xzdec binaries, but that can wait
> until after the freeze.

That will be no problem.

> Do you expect to provide asymptote, biber, xindy, as with i386-cygwin?

I'll definitely provide asymptote.  I'm not sure about biber and xindy.
  I discussed biber with Philip Kime last June.  At that time he didn't
have a 64-bit Cygwin installation, and I wasn't able to get biber to
build myself.  But I'll take another look.  As for xindy, I'll provide
it if I can build clisp; it may have to be a build without libsigsegv.
(Angelo has already tried to build the latter on x86_64-cygwin, and
there are some problems.)

Ken