[tex-live] PDF output size incoherent with XeLaTeX ?

Fabrice Delente delentef at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 09:52:57 CEST 2014

Hello.

This is on Gentoo Linux, texlive-core-2013-r1.

I create my documents using my own page parameters (textheight,
textwidth, margins, etc.) so that I can use nearly all the printable
space of an A4 sheet.

When I typeset them, evince (pdf viewer) tells me that the document is
in US Letter. However, in texconfig, I have selected A4 as my paper
size.

When I print a document, the bottom is cut (I guess this is because US
Letter is shorter than A4).

How can I solve this problem, since I used texconfig to set the paper
size to A4? Do I need to put a special command in the TeX file, or on
the command line when invoking xelatex?

Thanks for any hint, I have been trying to solve this for a while now.