[tex-live] howto: standalone (Lua) script

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Apr 16 21:17:00 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-16 at 20:51:09 +0200, Stephan Hennig wrote:

 > Am 15.04.2014 21:31, schrieb Norbert Preining:
 >
 > > and don't care for how it is run. This is something the TeX Live and
 > > MikTeX maintainers have to take care of.
 >
 > Norber and Markus, thanks!  Won't care for the upload.
 >
 > Still, I'm a little bit wondering if the texlua Lua interpreter should
 > search known TEXMF trees by default.  Why else is there a reference to
 > TeX in the name of the Lua interpreter?

It does.  However, it finds the TEXMF tree relative to the location of
the script.  This means that you need symlinks (Unix) and wrappers
(Windows) in bin/<platform>.

If your script is located in any other directory, add the line

  kpse.set_program_name('texlua')

and the TEXMF tree will be searched relative to the location of the
texlua binary.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25