[tex-live] Outstanding question about Hebrew and Greek hyphenation patterns

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Sep 22 13:18:17 CEST 2013

Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> You install a texlive once a year and you don't sit before a PC 24
> hours a day. So why do you care if an unattended installation takes
> 1 or 4 hours? Start it in the evening and let the machine work.
>
> Just sum up the hours you (you! and not your PC) already spent to
> write all the messages here. Don't you think this time could have
> been spent for more important problems?

Once every two years or so, I bite the bullet and install a new
version of TeX Live.  When I do so, I take the opportunity to
report any problems encountered, and to raise any issues that
have arisen during the installation.  Whether the developers
appreciate this feedback, I have no idea, but if we Windows
users do /not/ offer feedback, then we will have no right to
complain next year when unreported problems again rear their
ugly heads.

** Phil.