[tex-live] Install TeX Live 20130914 failed

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Sep 15 17:32:37 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-15 at 15:50:35 +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:

 > Thank you, Siep.  It is now installing using "-advanced",
 > apparently successfully, but I was a little surprised to
 > see that no mention of "hyphen-hebrew" appeared in the
 > log at the corresponding point.  Is Hewbrew an unhyphenated
 > language, and will the installer have ensured that
 > \lang at hebrew is defined (so that I can \uselanguage (hebrew)
 > even if there are no patterns ?

It seems that there are no hyphenation patterns for Hebrew:

$ latex '\documentclass{article}\stop'
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.5-1.40.14 (TeX Live 2013)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
LaTeX2e <2011/06/27>
Babel <v3.8m-luatex-1.5> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyph
enation, german-x-2012-05-30, ngerman-x-2012-05-30, afrikaans, ancientgreek, ib
ycus, arabic, armenian, basque, bulgarian, catalan, pinyin, coptic, croatian, c
zech, danish, dutch, ukenglish, usenglishmax, esperanto, estonian, ethiopic, fa
rsi, finnish, french, friulan, galician, georgian, german, ngerman, swissgerman
, monogreek, greek, hungarian, icelandic, assamese, bengali, gujarati, hindi, k
annada, malayalam, marathi, oriya, panjabi, tamil, telugu, indonesian, interlin
gua, irish, italian, kurmanji, latin, latvian, lithuanian, mongolian, mongolian
lmc, bokmal, nynorsk, piedmontese, polish, portuguese, romanian, romansh, russi
an, sanskrit, serbian, serbianc, slovak, slovenian, spanish, swedish, thai, tur
kish, turkmen, ukrainian, uppersorbian, welsh, loaded.
(/usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo))
No pages of output.
Transcript written on article.log.

However, according to the documentation Hebrew is supported by Babel:

  texdoc babel

Thus I would expect that you can use \uselanguage{hebrew}.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25