[tex-live] psutils maintenance

Reuben Thomas rrt at sc3d.org
Mon Oct 21 23:38:15 CEST 2013

On 21 October 2013 08:27, Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de> wrote:

> (2) In TL the perl scripts are installed as *.pl under texmf-dist/scripts/
> and should start with '#!  /use/bin/env perl'.

The scripts are invoked now as you wish. For the installation, you'll still
need to do that. I can't find out about script extension support in
autotools; you might want to ask bug-automake at gnu.org, as this is a pretty
general problem.

>  For Unix there are symlinks
> such as bindir/psmerge -> texmf-dist/scripts/psutils/psm**erge.pl<http://psmerge.pl>whereas for
> Windows bindir/psmerge.exe is the copy of a standard wrapper binary with
> the
> same effect.

I think "make install" copes with systems that don't have symlinks.

However, the most important
> point should be that the new version can be used as standalone package
> (under Unix and Windows), for TeXLive (Unix, compiled with MinGW, W32TeX),
> and for MikTeX, preferably with as few changes as possible.

This should all be fine, with the proviso, as I said in a previous email,
that until gnulib/autotools support for all the features needed on Windows
is complete, it will still need patching there.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org