[tex-live] Installing dblatex together with manually installed TL

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Thu Oct 17 11:23:48 CEST 2013

If you added the TL13 to the system PATH correctly (i.e. not through say bashrc) then you should be fine with having more than one LaTeX installed.

How ever you may want to build and install an equivs package instead.

That will tell the package manager that packages corresponting to texlive.* have been installed.

See http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html

I think someone on tex.stackexachange.com has already build the pseudo package for ubuntu, it might also work for debian.

But I usually just follow the instuctions at the bottom of the TUG page above, step by step, that works just fine.

Where exactly did you add the TL13 path?

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University