[tex-live] Package gmeometric in TeX Live

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Oct 7 20:56:05 CEST 2013

On 2013-10-07 at 11:20:51 +0200, Markus Kohm wrote:

 > Package gmeometric in the current TeX Live release cannot work with
 > geometry since version 5.0, because it uses internal commands from
 > old geometry releases, that are not longer defined by geometry
 > since v5.0, e.g., \GM at checkbool. The gmeometric manual also says:
 >
 > | This package allows you to use the \geometry macro, provided by
 > | the geometry v3.2 and v4.1 by Hideo Umeki, anywhere in a document
 >
 > Because of this: Does it makes sense to have gmeometric in TeX Live
 > any longer or shouldn't is be removed?

Hi Markus,
could you please contact the author first?  Maybe he can fix it.
I suppose that gmeometric is older than geometry 5.0 and Grzegorz
forgot to adapt it.  AFAIK Grzegorz is still an active TeX programmer,
hence there might be a better solution than a removal.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25