[tex-live] Where is the root dir of my Tex Live installation

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sat Nov 16 15:34:19 CET 2013

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 03:06:34PM +0100, Gerald Pechoc wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>

> thank you very much for your hint.
> The reason I began to search for something else was
> 1) pdflatex could not be called (obviously some path problem)
> 2) I had to install an additional Latex package (chemfig.sty)
>    and probably some more.
> So I found the notice about tlmgr and installing that did not work.
> Therefore my first posting here.
> After all the posts until now I had decided to uninstall all TEX
> things and install from new from TUG DVD.

It is odd that you cannot call pdflatex. Did you install
texlive-base instead of the more complete texlive or texlive-full
package?

Are there other non-tex-related programs which you cannot call? In
that case, you should solve your path problem first.

In ubuntu 13.10, chemfig is part of texlive-pictures.

The synaptic package manager lets you search through the
descriptions of ubuntu packages, which in the case of TeX Live often
include a list of TeX packages. That is how I found chemfig.

--
Siep Kroonenberg