[tex-live] Where is the root dir of my Tex Live installation

Gerald Pechoc ubuntu at pechoc.eu
Sat Nov 16 15:06:34 CET 2013

Hi Norbert,

thank you very much for your hint.
The reason I began to search for something else was
1) pdflatex could not be called (obviously some path problem)
2) I had to install an additional Latex package (chemfig.sty)
    and probably some more.
So I found the notice about tlmgr and installing that did not work.
Therefore my first posting here.
After all the posts until now I had decided to uninstall all TEX things
and install from new from TUG DVD.

I have no real preference for any type of installation or software but I
want to start INSTALL and want to have a running system to make with
TEXMAKER or KYLIE or what else a Tex Document.

Now the question to the forum again:
°What is the best and easiest way on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to get a running
TEX System ?

Gerald