[tex-live] pdfcsplain.fmt not generated for all engines

Petr Olsak petr at olsak.net
Wed May 29 14:04:39 CEST 2013

On Wed, 29 May 2013, Akira Kakuto wrote:

> Hi Zdenek,
>
>>  the pdfcsplain format is not generated for all engines as default, the
>>  lines are commented out in fmtutil.cnf. After fresh install it
>>  contains:
>>
>>  # from csplain:
>>  csplain pdftex - -etex -enc csplain-utf8.ini
>>  pdfcsplain pdftex - -etex -enc csplain-utf8.ini
>> #!  pdfcsplain xetex - -etex csplain.ini
>> #!  pdfcsplain luatex - -etex csplain.ini
>
> Do you execute the other two like
> xetex -fmt=pdfcsplain -progname=pdfcsplain foo
> luatex -fmt=pdfcsplain -progname=pdfcsplain foo
> because pdfcsplain is a symlink to pdftex?
>
> At any rate, I think the present status is better
> as a default.
>
> Best regards,
> Akira KAKUTO

At December 2012 I was tested csplain in TeXlive and all formats of
csplain were generated. Thus I wrote OK to Karl Berry (by email) and I
supposed that this is definitive state. This state is documented in my
documentation. Now, an user reprots that may documentation is not true. I
was surprised that somebody changed this state, somebody who is not
csplain user and without talking to me.

Best Regards

Petr Olsak