[tex-live] bugreport (too late?)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 28 00:04:08 CEST 2013

    it seems there is a bug in the way TeXLive 2013 LuaTeX handles
    shell-escape (i386-Linux).

Thanks for the report.  Yes, it's too late.  Whatever has to be fixed
(Taco?), it will have to be in the post-release bug-fix build.

(As for this working in the Windows luatex, maybe Akira can easily
determine the difference between his sources and the Unix sources that
causes the problem on Unix.  As always, I wish the Windows and Unix
binaries could be built from the same sources, system dependencies
aside, so behaviors would necessarily be the same.  Oh well.)

Anyway, so far I know of three things for the post-release build.  The
ETA will have to be up to Taco and Peter.

1) This in LuaTeX.

And the two reported by Werner:
2) The output distortion in mpost.
3) The need to revert libpng in pdftex to an earlier version.

Thanks,