[tex-live] Format file in quotes not parsed by pdflatex

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Fri May 17 23:41:29 CEST 2013

On 17 May 2013 22:25, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     (%&"preamble" given a file preamble.fmt)
>
> Thanks for the report, but I don't believe that ever worked, or was
> intended to work, or can reasonably be made to work.  Certainly "..."
> cannot be used to arbitrarily quote filenames in any circumstance, and
> this is just one of the cases where it can't.

I have little sympathy for spaces in filenames:-), main reason that  I
suggested
that it might be worth raising here is that Alexander reported that it
worked in miktex
and generally differences between implementations ought possibly be known
about even
if they can't be avoided.

certainly It's not a major issue and not worth doing anything about unless
it was entirely trivial. The number of formats that are not one of the
standard ones must be vanishingly small anyway, and no one could _need_ a
space in a format name.

David

--
http://dpcarlisle.blogspot.com/