[tex-live] User names too longs or with diacritics on Windows

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 1 17:58:16 CEST 2013

Le mercredi 01/05/13 à 12h06,
Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> a écrit :

> If I manually type the line starting with xindy (that is the xindy
> call made by makeglossaries), I get almost the same error:
>

> C:\Users\briáøæålongbriáøæåvv\Documents\Test>xindy -L english -I
> xindy -M hest - t hest.glg -o hest.gls hest.glo
>
> *** - PARSE-NAMESTRING: syntax error in filename
> "C:/Users/briáøæålongbriáøæåvv\ \"
>       at position 15
> Break 1 [3]>

Many thanks for these tests.

In order to fill a bug report, maybe it would be useful to run a less
specialized xindy test (these ones are maybe too glossaries oriented,
and even too TeX oriented), such as the ones to be found in xindy
documentation. I tried the examples to be found in:

  texdoc -l xindy
  22

(file:///usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf/doc/xindy/style-tutorial.html)

Unfortunately, I couldn't run the first example (§ 2.1 Running xindy):

$ more style1.xdy
;; This is a first example using `xindy'.

(define-location-class "page-numbers" ("arabic-numbers"))
(define-attributes (("definition" "usage")))
$ xindy -t ex1.xlg -M style1 -I xindy
ex1.raw *** - EVAL: variable STYLE1.XDY has no value

$
--
Denis