[tex-live] TeX Live in User mode

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Jul 21 14:36:22 CEST 2013

On So, 21 Jul 2013, Jan Musinsky wrote:
> Thanks Norbert

If you want to try out the fix I came up for now, the attached
two files go into
	tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm
	texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/tlmgr.pl

> and one more thing (as user, no admin):
>
> $ mktexlsr
> mktexlsr: /opt/texlive/2013/texmf-config: directory not writable. Skipping...

To be expected ... was always like this and will always be like that.

> It's all right, but missing my $TEXMFHOME directory and still I need
> to write by hand
>
> $ mktexlsr `kpsewhich -expand-var='$TEXMFHOME'` # same as  mktexlsr texmf/

No, you do NOT need to.

TEXMFHOME is not searched by ls-R file, so no need to create a database
there.

> It would be very user friendly if the mktexlsr creates a database also
> in $TEXMFHOME dir (if exists such dir)

Not needed, see the respective definitions in texmf.cnf

Norbert