[tex-live] "After installation, get package updates from CTAN"

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jul 16 00:17:06 CEST 2013

Hi Mike,

    "After installation, get package updates from CTAN"

I can understand how you would expect what you did, but it's operating
as intended.  "After installation" is supposed to mean after the
installation is done, the configuration is changed so that "tlmgr
update" will do just as you observed: get the updates from CTAN.  If
this wasn't set, it would look on the DVD.

It's also discussed on page 13 of the texlive-en.pdf (texdoc texlive)
manual.  I guess I could add some words there about how this does not
actually perform any post-install downloads+updates.

Best,
Karl