[tex-live] lualatex error in connection with amsart and fontspec

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 3 22:27:13 CEST 2013

Georg Graf <guruvienna at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 21:31:47 +0200
> > From: Herbert.Voss at FU-Berlin.DE
> > To: tex-live at tug.org
> > Subject: Re: [tex-live] lualatex error in connection with amsart and fontspec
> >
> > Am 03.07.2013 21:09, schrieb Georg Graf:
> >
> >> I found a bug in texlive 2013 which appears only in the following combination: luatex, \documentclass{amsart} and \usepackage{fontspec}, the MWE is
> >>
> >> \documentclass{amsart}
> >> \usepackage{fontspec}
> >>
> >> \begin{document}
> >> \footnote{$1$}%
> >> \end{document}
> >
> > it also happens with xelatex and is the default behaviour
> > for the ams classes when using math before text in the document.
> >
> > \documentclass{amsart}
> > \usepackage{unicode-math}
> > \begin{document}
> > \footnote{$1$}%
> > \end{document}
>
> So it's not considered as a bug??

no, quite the contrary, i would assume.  amslatex is a required latex
package as well as being the ams's standard paper submission macros.

> It also happens when you insert some text before
>
> \documentclass{amsart}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \begin{document}
> text
> \footnote{text $1$}%
> \end{document}

http://latex-project.org/bugs-upload.html allows you to upload a bug
report.  there's stuff there about what to submit.

if you select amslatex as the "latex bug category", the report will go
to the ams support people as well as the "core" latex team.

robin