[tex-live] texlive-publishers/texlive-science: add iopart, LaTeX class for Institute of Physics journals

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 20:17:26 CET 2013

Leo Singer <lsinger at caltech.edu> wrote:

> I am preparing a paper for an Institute of Physics journal (IOP),
> Classical and Quantum Gravity (CQG),
> <http://iopscience.iop.org/0264-9381>. Would it be possible to
> distribute the IOP class, iopart, in TeX Live? The latest version is
> on the IOP Author page at
> <http://authors.iop.org/atom/usermgmt.nsf/AuthorServices> under the
> "LaTeX guidelines and class file" link.

the principle requirements are (a) that the stuff exists on ctan, and
(b) that it's distributed under a free licence.

(a) is not true
(b) is not clear (there are no licence statements in the files)

under those circumstances, the answer has to be no.

istr we had a man from the iop give us a talk, at a uk tex users' group
meeting, ages ago.  i'm fairly sure i urged him to put the stuff on
ctan; but he obviously didn't.  so you're reaping the spin-off from the
fact that no-one ever takes me seriously; sorry.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team