[tex-live] texmf-dist -> texmf for TL'13

Markus Kohm komascript at gmx.info
Fri Jan 25 17:19:58 CET 2013

> I guess for at least some time we will have
>         TEXMFDIST = TEXMF = ....
> so that lookups
>         kpsewhich -var-value
> etc work properly.

You thought about the variable TEXMFMAIN not TEXMF, didn't you? Currently
variable TEXMF is the whole search PATH consisting of TEXMFCONFIG, TEXMFVAR,
TEXMFHOME, TEXMFSYSCONFIG, TEXMFSYSVAR, TEXMFMAIN, TEXMFLOCAL and TEXMFDIST.

TEXMFMAIN = TEXMFDIST
TEXMFDIST = <BASEDIR>/texlive/<YEAR>/texmf
should work, but TEXMFMAIN should be eliminated from TEXMF in this case.

Nevertheless, I would prefer …/texlive/<YEAR>/texmf-dist or
…/texlive/<YEAR>/texmf-main because it's more intuitive, but that's
subjective.

As long as `kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFDIST' results in the TDS tree with the
generic and the latex packages of TeX Live my scripts should work.