[tex-live] pmx-2.6.19

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Jan 16 23:51:24 CET 2013

On 2013-01-15 at 21:50:30 +0000, Robin Fairbairns wrote:

 > Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

 > > I must admit that I don't know much about MiKTeX.  But when I
 > > informed Christian about a new VnTeX release a few years ago, he
 > > told me that he fetched it from the TeX Live repository.  If he
 > > does the same with other packages too (anything else doesn't make
 > > sense, IMO), then Phil's suggestion (postpone until TL is frozen)
 > > is quite reasonable.
 >
 > except that proceeding that way means that the update will never
 > reach tl.  if the update is postponed until tl is frozen, it's been
 > postponed to the point when nothing more can be added to tl.

Well, the word "frozen" is ambiguous.  What you have in mind is the
period when no packages updates take place in the TeX Live repository,
i.e. when the DVD is beeing produced.

What I have in mind is the period when package updates via tlmgr are
disabled, i.e. when nothing goes from the TL repository to CTAN/tlnet.
Packages from CTAN are still updated until the final ISO image is
created.  And this is the best time to upload macro packages to CTAN
which depend on a newer version of a particular binary.  They will
then be available in the next TL release.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25