[tex-live] texdoc fixme

Didier Verna didier at didierverna.net
Tue Feb 19 13:50:49 CET 2013

  [ Please Cc: me as I'm not on the list, thanks ]

Hello,

one of the FiXme users just reported that 'texdoc fixme' doesn't bring
up the documentation for the FiXme package. Indeed,

didier(pts/4)% texdoc -l  fixme
 1 /home/didier/.texmf/doc/latex/fixme/fixme.pdf
   = Package documentation
 2 /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/doc/context/third/fixme/fixme.pdf
   = Examples of use
 3 /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/doc/latex/fixme/fixme.pdf
   = Package documentation
 4 /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/doc/latex/fixme/README
   = Package Readme
 5 /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/doc/latex/fixme/NEWS
 6 /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/doc/latex/fixme/THANKS

Disregarding the first entry, which is my local development version, you
can see that the first file found globally is fixme.pdf in a context
directory.

The problem is that this file appears to be a test file for FiXme, and I
think nobody wants to get this out of a texdoc invocation. In fact, I'm
even wondering why this file (maybe the upper dir as a whole ?)  would
be in the texdoc search path, and hence I would tend to think that this
qualifies as a texlive bug.

WDYT?

Thanks !

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com