[tex-live] So far.....expensive failure

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Feb 15 17:36:31 CET 2013

you need to unzip the file, and to integrate it into Windows.

In either case you will need a ZIP for windows and for Linux (why should Windows users have Linux binaries on their systems).

There are also differences in file systems to think about, Linux supports softlinks within the TL tree whereas windows does not.

Since there are a lot more windows users, and since installation on windows is quite slow, that would be my main focus to start with.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University