[tex-live] So far.....expensive failure

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 20:11:25 CET 2013

On 13/02/2013 15:26, martin reynolds wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I recently downloaded Texlive 2012-20120701; a huge 2.2GB file. When I
> double-clicked on the icon it wanted to burn a CD. I searched around on the
> internet and MagicISO was recommended. This I bought for £24.98. I just
> can't figure out how this is supposed to work. When I tried to open ReadMe
> on html I got a screen which said the information wasn't available. Since
> then I have tried to open .pm files with EditPlus 3. Everything seems to be
> working as it should. How on earth do I get to a situation where I can use
> Texlive?
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Martin Reynolds, UK.

How your system handles .iso files is something we can't predict.
However, in most cases it's easier to use the 'net installer' available
from http://tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html, as this downloads
the required bits and pieces on the fly. Alternatively, you can get a
pressed DVD from your local user group. (I'm Secretary of UK-TUG, and we
certainly offer these.)
--
Joseph Wright