[tex-live] lua path

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Dec 10 03:02:44 CET 2013

	Hi Bob,

  Thanks for bringing the discussion back on track.

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 08:51:08PM -0500, Bob Tennent wrote:
> I hate to interupt this fascinating (?) discussion about texdoc perl
> but my original question remains unanswered (and I don't think it's
> stupid).

  Nobody said it was.

> forest? kpsewhich finds what I'm looking for but texlua doesn't.
> I don't expect "texdoc texlua" to answer my question but I hope
> somebody or some documentation I can be pointed to can. It's been
> claimed that texlua supports the kpathsea library.

  TeXLua -- just as LuaTeX -- has a Lua interface to kpathsea, called
"kpse": kpse.find_file(<some Lua file>) should return the file found by
kpsewhich, but you need to initialise the library, and I'm not able to
provide a working example at the moment.

  The full documentation for all of LuaTeX's extra Lua libraries is
available from "texdoc luatex", but you may find that the description is
sometimes concise to the extreme.

	Arthur