[tex-live] question about page numbering

Dan Luecking dluecking at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 18 23:05:43 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 16 2013 at 05:09:23 CEST, Bogdan Tanasa wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I would appreciate if you can help me with a suggestion on the following :
>
>I am writing my PhD dissertation and I would need to remove the page number
>at the top of a page containing a chapter heading ;
>
>how can I place this number of 1st page at the bottom or to omit it
>entirely ? thank you !
>
>bogdan

Are you using LaTeX? If so what document class? The behavior
you want is the standard behavior of most document classes
that support chapters as a sectioning structure. Thus, one
would simply have to NOT do whatever it was you did that put
the page numbers at the top of the chapter page. Or put
\thispagestyle{plain} after each chapter heading.

If you are not using LateX, what are you doing to get the
chapter headings and page numbers?

This mailing list is not for questions about the _use_ of
TeX or LaTeX, but rather for discussion of TeX Live
development. Try the LaTeX Stack Exchange:
     http://tex.stackexchange.com/
or the newsgroup comp.text.tex.

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking