[tex-live] getnonfreefonts doesn't work with pretest

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Apr 17 00:36:59 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-16 at 10:07:13 +0200, Markus Kohm wrote:

 > > scriptdir=kpse.var_value('TEXMFMAIN') .. '/scripts'
 >
 > BTW: Wouldn't it be better, if getnonfreefonts would use TEXMFLOCAL
 > for the installation, because the files it installs are not part of
 > TeX Live?

I need the symlinks in bin/<platform> anyway.  This is the reason why
a user can't install it in TEXMFHOME and there's no way to install it
it at all without write permissions for the TL bin directory.

I'd like to use relative symlinks on Unix so that the system remains
portable.  A relative symlink to TEXMFLOCAL is less reliable because
users can change its location easily.

I don't have to "calculate" the symlink targets if I put the scripts
into the same texmf tree where kpathsea looks for web2c/texmf.cnf.
It's less likely that users change something here.  If they do, it's
more likely that they break the whole system.

If the installer detects a single-platform system it assumes that TL
is part of a Linux distribution and doesn't create symlinks at all.
In this case getnonfreefonts is installed in /usr/local/bin, just in
order to avoid clashes with the system package manager.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25