[tex-live] TL13 status

Nicolas Richard theonewiththeevillook at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 10 13:29:01 CEST 2013

Markus Kohm <komascript at gmx.info> writes:

>> but another factor is the fact that the design of CTAN
>
> I don't think CTAN is the limiting factor

That is certainly not what I meant : I think it's a factor, but a minor
one.

> Manpower is the main limiting factor

That's a sure thing.

> BTW: CTAN is almost such a tiny team too and TeX Live team isn't
> larger a lot. Both teams are to small to spend time with "nice ideas".

I did not mean the existing teams should do new things, that is
unrealistic. What I wanted to say is : if from the discussion it appears
that an idea is doable and would be appreciated, it can be added to
the todo/wish lists (http://tug.org/texlive/contribute.html,
http://www.ctan.org/help/requests/) until somebody (in particular those
who started the discussion ?) can take a stab at it.

Anyway, I guess this thread is already too long for what it's worth.

--
Nico.