[tex-live] The pretest tlmgr showing its version as 2012

Soe Naung ashinpan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 06:52:49 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:50 AM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> > /home/pan/texlive/2013/bin/x86_64-linux are broken; they refer to files
>
> THere are no binaries/scripts for x86_64-linux by now ... so what
> you are having are the *old* (2012) links.
>
> tlpretest is by now NOT FOR USING!!!!!
>
> What do you want to achieve? A running system *you*will*not*get*so
> *quickly* from tlpretest.
>
> Please use TL2012 until TL2013 is released.

I am only a volunteer trying to help by testing and reporting bugs. I don't
expect a running system.

However, as an ordinary user (non-coder), I do expect the installer to tell
me that there are no binaries/scripts available yet for my system if it is
the case. Then I wouldn't have to trouble you by such emails.

with metta,

Ven. Pandita (Burma)

Postgraduate Institute of Pali and Buddhist Studies,
University of Kelaniya,
Sri Lanka