[tex-live] Possibility to enhance registers

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:29:58 CEST 2012

2012/9/24 bernhard <bernhard.kleine at gmx.net>:
> Am Montag, den 24.09.2012, 20:15 +0200 schrieb Zdenek Wagner:
>> > And I donot think this is OT since it deals with configuring tex in
>> > texlive.
>> >
>> No, it has nothing to do with configuration. The reason is that you
>> try to remove penalty in the vertical mode but the main vertical list
>> is empty (see The TeXbook for explanation). This is an error in a
>> definition of some macro.
>>
>> > Greetings Bernhard
>>

>> --
>> Zdeněk Wagner
>
> And can you please explain why this occurs only at the 8th occurence of
> that code and not at the 1st,2nd...7th, 9th, ...14th. The code is for
> sure the same at any of its 14 places!

If the last item in the composed list is a penlaty, \unpenalty removes
it, otherwise it does nothing. The only exception is if \unpenalty is
used in the vertical mode and the main vertical list is empty, in such
a case TeX reports an error. This means that in other occurences the
vertical list is not empty when \unpenalty is used.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/