[tex-live] perl or lua standard library modules in texlive

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Sep 23 18:46:53 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-23 at 03:14:14 +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

 > The file texmf.cnf contains
 > JAVAINPUTS   = .;$TEXMF/scripts/{$progname,$engine,}/java//
 > PERLINPUTS   = .;$TEXMF/scripts/{$progname,$engine,}/perl//
 > PYTHONINPUTS = .;$TEXMF/scripts/{$progname,$engine,}/python//
 > RUBYINPUTS   = .;$TEXMF/scripts/{$progname,$engine,}/ruby//
 > but I don't believe that this would work out of the box without some
 > wrapper script somewhere.

Hi Mojca,
scripts can use kpsewhich directly in order to add these paths to the
module search path before loading modules.

A wrapper is only needed if the script assumes that all modules are at
standard locations.  In this case the wrapper has to run kpsewhich and
pass the result to the script by an environment variable.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25