[tex-live] tlmgr "Update all installed" via commandline?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Sep 4 01:25:17 CEST 2012

    this usually happen if you haven't installed perldoc

That should not matter.  We check for whether perldoc is in PATH.
Specifically, the help output is constructed from the pod by calling the
Perl function pod2usage (http://perldoc.perl.org/Pod/Usage.html), and
pass the -noperldoc option if perldoc is not in PATH.

If I remove all the perldocs in my PATH and run tlmgr --help, I do still
see the help msg, not the script.

If someone can give a recipe to reproduce seeing the script from using
--help, we can try to fix it.

karl

P.S. FWIW, the --help output is on the web at
http://tug.org/texlive/doc/tlmgr.html.