[tex-live] [zdenek.wagner at gmail.com: Re: [dluecking at sbcglobal.net: Re: Polyglossia breaks XeLaTeX]]

Haines Brown haines at histomat.net
Sun Sep 2 19:12:01 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded message from Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> -----

Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 17:17:38 +0200
From: Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com>
To: Haines Brown <haines at histomat.net>
Cc: tex-live at tug.org
Subject: Re: [tex-live] [dluecking at sbcglobal.net: Re: Polyglossia breaks XeLaTeX]

> As already pointed by Dan, you have ( instead of { when calling
> csquotes. \usepackage thus takes ( as its single argument and tries to
> load (.sty.

Ouch! My apologies to Dan. I misunderstood his point. I fixed the typo.

But the basic problem remains: I can't use polyglosia in conjunction
with csquotes, fullpage, or biblatex.

Here's the document:

  %!TEX TS-program = xelatex
  %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

  \documentclass[12pt,titlepage]{article}
  \usepackage{xltxtra}
  \usepackage{xunicode,fontspec}
  % \usepackage[backend=biber,style=authoryear,sorting=nyt]{biblatex} %
  \usepackage{csquotes} %
  % \usepackage{fullpage}
  \usepackage{polyglossia}
  \begin{document}
  body
  \end{document}

And here is the errror:

  Running `XeLaTeX' on `test-xelatex-document' with ``xelatex test-xelatex-document.tex''
  This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-0.9998 (TeX Live 2012)
   restricted \write18 enabled.
  entering extended mode
  (/home/haines/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/generic/xkeyval/xkeyval.tex)))

  Package csquotes Warning: Using preliminary 'polyglossia' interface.
  (csquotes)                Some of the multilingual features may not
  (csquotes)                work as expected.

  ! Undefined control sequence.
  \csq at main@language ->\xpg at main@language

  l.17 \begin{document}

I don't understand. The undefined control sequence does not seem to refer to csquotes.

For some reason I can't scroll the error message in emacs/AUCTeX, but when I run the
command in a terminal, the error message has several sections like this:

  ? s
  OK, entering \scrollmode...
  ! Undefined control sequence.
  <argument> blx at file@\bbl at main@language