[tex-live] TL Updates

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 1 10:19:53 CEST 2012

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> > I thought that existing
> > packages were updated CTAN->TL automatically.
>
> No, this is still a manual process ... but didn't you get l3* updates????
>
> Something is wrong over there!
>
> I am rsyncing from tug and I get updates.
>
> Did you play around with pinning?

remember, norbert, that the general populace is encouraged to pull from
a mirror (rather than tug or either of the ctan nodes) -- the guarantee
is only that any mirror will be up to date within 24 hours.

cambridge ctan pulls tl from tug at half-hourly intervals 0300-0430 local
i forget when dante mirrors cambridge, but i whenever i've looked,
dante's been up-to-date with cambridge.

this morning, my home mirror picked up a fair number (the machine's not
got space to run tl as well as maintain an archive copy), including the
packaging of the l3 stuff i installed yesterday.

robin